Starting From: $121.00
Circuits, Second Edition - Fawwaz T. Ulaby, Michel M. Maharbiz
Fawwaz T. Ulaby of the University of Michigan
Michel M. Maharbiz of the University of California, Berkeley
This textbook conveys a set of principles and problem solving techniques for
a first course in electrical engineering circuit analysis, and also provides a
valuable framework for subsequent studies. The second edition of this text
offers a number of significant enhancements.
New Features to the Second Edition:
- Includes two new chapters: one on Three-Phase Circuits (Chap. 10) and
another on Magnetically Coupled Circuits (Chapter 11)
- NI myDAQ tutorials and myDAQ Problems: In addition to solving a circuit
problem analytically and simulating its behavior with NI Multisim, a
complementary third approach is to physically build the circuit on a circuit
board and use the NI myDAQ to interface the circuit to a computer. The
interface allows students to use the computer both as a function generator
to excite the circuit and as a multimeter or oscilloscope to measure its
response. A NI myDAQ tutorial developed by Professor Ed Doering of the Rose-Hulman
Institute of Technology is included on the DVD which is included with the
book. This is in addition to video tutorials on how to use computer-based
instruments, and 36 end of chapter NI myDAQ Design Problems
- About 200 end-of-chapter problems have been added, increasing the total
number of problems in this textbook to 834.
- Concept questions strategically placed within chapter, which encourages
you to think critically about the material you have just read.
- Updated Technology Briefs and several new ones are added.
- The previous RLC Circuits Chapter (6) and Laplace Transform Analysis
Technique Chapter (10) are now combined in the new Chapter 6, Circuit
Analysis by Laplace Transform.
- Additional examples and new concept illustrations that help students
consolidate their understanding of the subject.
- A new appendix on the NI MathScript RT Module and MATLAB
- A student version of Mathscript is included on the DVD for use with
matrix inversion and other calculations. (MathScript RT Module is a computer
program developed and sold by National Instruments, as a module in LabVIEW.
The basic commands used by MATLAB also work in MathScript RT Module. Unless
otherwise noted, all MATLAB commands used in this book and DVD also work in
MathScript RT Module.)
- Latest versions of both NI LabVIEW and NI Multisim Student Edition
Software on a DVD packaged with each book.