Unity 4 Pro for Education is a
game development tool that
has been designed to let users focus on creating amazing games without
struggling with the platform.
For educational use only (Edu watermark applies)
For purchase and use by schools
Dot upgrades are available free
Learn More About Unity -
Add all checked items on this page to your cart
Unity 4 Pro is the tool for the job
Unity 4 Pro is the development environment that gets out of
your way, allowing you to focus on simply creating your game. Developing for
web, mobile, or console? Unity is the tool for the job.
With Unity 4 Pro, we've put tremendous effort on world
building tools – so you can assemble and tweak your levels at the speed of
Edit. Test. Play. With Unity, testing your latest
idea is never more than a click away. This lets you drill down to find the
fun, then polish it until it's perfect.
Target platform can be switched instantly, so you can
develop from a single source for mobiles, web, PC/Mac, and consoles.
We rewrote Unity's rendering pipeline so your games
can look the best they can – and get a 50% performance boost on top.
Unity 4 Pro brings Beast lightmapping and Umbra occlusion
culling to the table – a key part of making games look great and run fast
across all devices.
Design the perfect aural ambience with our new
integrated audio filters and in-scene editing tools. Captivating your audience
has never been easier.
Unity 4 Pro combines Unity's ease-of-use game development platform with the
full set of powerful, high-end features that professional 3D developers and
leading studios require. You can create bigger, more complex and visually
stunning 3D games and other 3D content, without compromising on anything. It
even makes it easier to deliver your games it to the platforms where the
Learn more about Unity 4 Pro.
New Key Features of Unity 4 Pro:
- Mecanim is a character animation system which is natively integrated
with and optimized to run in the Unity Editor. It offers all the tools and
workflows needed, including retargeting, Blend Trees and State Machines, to
help you create and build animation assets directly into your game.
- Mecanim IK rigs are for critical details in your animation: to position
feet on the ground, hands on the edge of a wall or look at something using
eyes, head and full body adjustments.
- You can now develop games for Linux.
- Direct3D 11 Renderer offers a higher visual fidelity and faster
rendering time for your professional PC games with support for Windows
DirectX 11 graphics API.
- You can add detail and different nuance to your lightmapped scenes with
lightmapping for normalmaps.
- New dynamic fonts for mobile games with markup. Render Asian characters
at any resolution, and use HTML-like markup to control font sizes, weights
and typeface selection.
- Unity 4 Pro now offers 3D Texture Support, use volumetric textures to
achieve advanced shader effects.
- With Navmesh Dynamic Obstacles you can add moveable obstacles to your
games for navmesh agents to avoid.
- Unity 4 Pro has a new project browser to help you easily search for and
preview assets in large, complex projects.
System Requirements for Unity Authoring:
- Windows: XP SP2 or later
- Mac OS X: Intel CPU & "Leopard" 10.5 or later.
- Note that Unity was not tested on server versions of Windows and
- Graphics card with DirectX 9 level (shader model 2.0) capabilities. Any
card made since 2004 should work.
- Using Occlusion Culling requires GPU with Occlusion Query support (some
Intel GPUs do not support that).
System Requirements for Unity-Authored Content:
- Windows XP or later; Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- Just about any 3D graphics card, depending on complexity.
- Online games run on all browsers, including IE, Firefox, Safari, and
Chrome, among others.
- Android authored content requires devices equipped with: Android OS 2.0
- Device powered by an ARMv7 (Cortex family) CPU
- GPU support for OpenGLES 2.0 is recommended
Customer Reviews and Ratings