Nord Lead 2X Virtual Analog
The original Nord Lead and Nord Lead 2 are among the most popular synthesizers ever built. Debuting in 1995, the first Nord Lead virtual analog synthesizer took the music world by storm. It instantly became an industry standard and takes a place among the most revered classic synthesizers.
Add all checked items on this page to your cart
- 20 voices. 4 part multitimbral.
- Velocity Morphing: each function, controlled by a knob, can be
controlled to respond to keyboard velocity. Wheel Morphing: each function,
controlled by a knob, can also be controlled by the Modulation Wheel/Control
Pedal to continuously fade between two sets of values.
- 4 octave velocity sensitive keyboard with octave shift buttons (+/-2 oct.)
- Keyboard Split, two sections.
- Modulation Wheel
- Pitch Stick (with no dead zone at zero crossing)
- 1 pedal input for sustain
- 1 for expression pedal. Patent pending for the Pitch Stick.
- 3 digit display, 26 knobs and 27 buttons for program editing.
- OSC 1 generating sine, triangle, sawtooth or pulse with adjustable
width, waveforms. OSC 2 generating triangle, sawtooth or pulse (with
adjustable width) waveforms and can also generate noise with a color
control. OSC 2 can be hard-synched to OSC 1.
- Linear deep frequency modulation of osc 1 from osc 2. A wide range of
new waveforms with a strong formant character is achieved with the new
synchable noise, where noise can be synched to OSC 1.
- 12 dB (2-pole) low pass, 24 dB (4-pole) low pass, band pass or high pass
and notch with 12dB low pass. Cut off, resonance, envelope amount, envelope
amount controlled by velocity. ADSR envelope. Filter keyboard tracking can
be set to full, half or off. Filter distortion.
- ADSR envelope, gain control.
- LFO 1 generating triangle, saw, pulse, LF filtered noise and random
staircase routed to OSC1+2, OSC 2, filter, pulse-width and FM amount.
- LFO 2 produces a triangle waveform, routed to OSC 1 and 2 or amplifier.
It also controls the rate for the arpeggiator. Arpeggiator: Range: 1 - 4
octave. Modes: up, down, up/down, random. Hold function. Echo can be set
between 1 to 8 repeats. Modulation envelope (attack, decay) for OSC 2 pitch,
FM amount and pulse width.
- Play mode: Poly, legato, mono, unison mono, unison poly. Manual mode.
Four program slots for layering possibilities. Portamento/auto portamento.
- 10 “analog” drum kits. Each percussion kit consists of 8 independent
sounds, configurated in 8 zones across the keyboard.
- Programs (single sounds): 297 (3 x 99) user, 693 (7 x 99) factory.
- Performances (multi sounds): 100 user, 300 (3 x 100) factory.
- Percussion kits (multi zone sounds): 30 (3 x 10) user, 70 (7 x 10)
- 4 outputs. Each slot has its own output. Modes: stereo, mono and multi-timbral
mode. Headphones out. High resolution low noise 24 bit DACs.
- All control knobs and switches for program editing send and receive
control change messages. System exclusive bulk dumps. One program or all
programs. MIDI clock synchronizing LFO 1 and LFO 2/arpeggiator restart.
Triggering of the filter and amplifier envelopes and velocity control from
separate programmable MIDI channel and note numbers.
- Owner's Manual
- Power Cord
- Nord CD/DVD-ROM
- Rack Ears (Nord Rack 2X only)
- 865(W) 265(D) 105(H) mm. Weight 5.3 kg.
- 435(W) 210(D) 105(H) mm. Weight 4.5 kg (Nord Rack 2X)
Customer Reviews and Ratings