Some of particleIllusion's uses include:
* Broadcast: Since its release in 1998, particleIllusion has been used in countless TV commercials and shows, including Star Trek: Enterprise, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The 2003-2004 NBA season on TNT, and NASCAR on TNT
* Film: Today's films are loaded with post-production effects work, often times on very tight schedules. particleIllusion is so fast and easy to use that it's the tool of choice when the deadline looms and a shot needs some last-minute tweaks (more smoke, a few sparks, an extra layer of snowflakes, etc). particleIllusion has been used in many feature films including: The Manchurian Candidate, Van Helsing, Hellboy, and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
* Pre-visualization: Even when it won't be used in the final version of a shot, particleIllusion is the ultimate high speed particle tool for pre-viz. Its speed allows for multiple iterations in minutes, allowing the client to "direct" the performance of explosions, smoke and other effects.
* Using OpenGL hardware acceleration, you'll get real-time (or near real-time) preview of most effects and ultra-fast rendering of final output.
* Choose from an always-growing collection of preset effects from the ordinary (such as smoke, fire, explosions, water effects, sparkles) to the unusual (colorful artistic effects, strange undersea creatures).
* Modifying an effect or creating a new one is simple. Since particleIllusion is "sprite-based" (uses images for all of the particles), you'll find it very easy to create new effects right away.