Starting From: $98.00
NX10 Learning Edition
NX Learning Edition has most of the design features and manufacturing
(CAD/CAM) capabilities of the retail version. Watermarks will be added to
printed and plotted data to prevent the NX Learning Edition from being used for
commercial work. In addition File->Export capabilities are blocked. NX Learning
Edition can output 3D STL files commonly used for rapid prototyping and 3D
printing. In addition CAM data will not be available for Post Processing, and
the displayed output of tool path information will have limited precision.
Part files created in NX Learning Edition will not be able to be retrieved in
the retail version, but can be retrieved in the full academic packages available
to education establishments.
You will be able to develop the design skills needed for a successful career.
By learning NX, you'll gain vital CAD/CAM skills that today's employers demand.
With an NX background, you'll have a clear advantage in the industrial design,
engineering or part manufacturing job markets.
Note: NX Learning Edition does not include NX CAE.
- Comprehensive 3D design tools including, wireframe, surface, solid and synchronous modeling.
- Sophisticated freeform shape modeling, surface continuity, analysis and visualization tools.
- Complete Assembly tools to allow development of product assemblies.
- 2D drafting and 3D annotation tools for effective documentation.
- Knowledge capture and automation tools.
- Ability to output to 3D printers
- Full suite of CAM programming tools to allow creation of NC data for 2 – 5 axis and wire-edm machine tools
- Toolpath visualization and verification tools to accurately depict
behavior of machine tools
- Fast efficient design creation
- Ability to create prismatic and freeform aesthetic product designs
- Visualization tools allow generation of high quality visual images of 3D models
- Standards compliant documentation tools to allow 2D drawings to be created from 3D designs
- Significant time savings through embedded knowledge re-use tools
- Integrated CAM allows manufacturing information to be generated from 3D
models giving a clear understanding of the manufacturing process
- Windows (64 Bit) – 64 bit Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 platform only
- Memory: 2GB
- Language: English, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French and German are included
- Size: 5.6 GB for the application, 5.0 GB for the documentation and
- Please make sure the correct Host ID is provide. What is a Host ID and how do you find it? No change or update can be made once the software order is completed.
- No software transfers between computers are allowed. If the student changes computers they must purchase a new license.
- Learning Edition licenses are not eligible to receive technical telephone support (GTAC)
- Usage of the learning edition is intended for academic work, so files cannot be opened in commercial versions, and 2D drawings are watermarked, CAM data cannot be post-processed.
Additional Documentation Required for Purchase:
- This software allows 1 install and the customer must supply the computer host ID upon purchase. What is a Host ID and how do you find it?
- The 12 –digit Physical Address for your Ethernet Local Area Connection is the same as the host ID. What is a Host ID and how do you find it?
- Finding your HostID
What is a Host ID and how do you find it?
- Directions for Windows 7 Users:
1. Click the Start Button.
2. Select “Command Prompt”. This will open the Command Prompt window.
3. Type ipconfig/all and click enter.
The 12 –digit Physical Address for your Ethernet Local Area Connection is the same as the host ID.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews
Fantastic Learning Opportunity
by Robert J Oneto on January 16, 2016
The NX10 Learning Edition contains most all of the functionality available to NX10 users and allows the new student to develop the skills needed to effectively put to use NX10's considerable power. Combined with a membership to Siemens' Learning Advantage e-Learning portal, the skills development opportunities are endless!!! I cannot recommend this combination enough to the new NX10 user.
Location: San Jose, California, USA
NX 9 Student Edition
by Karam on January 29, 2015
It is very helpful and the documentation gives a lot of information.