Steinberg UR242 enables you to record music in studio quality on your notebook or iPad. The USB audio interface combines choice components with outstanding audio and build quality. It also features on-board DSP-powered FX to accommodate a variety of mobile production scenarios. The UR242 is more than a portable I/O device or simple audio interface, it is a complete mobile production solution compatible with your DAW software.
Features of Steinberg UR242
Top of the range converters provide a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, delivering pristine audio quality.
Class-A D-PRE mic preamps
Yamaha’s highly acclaimed D-PRE preamp delivers a truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound that is unrivaled in this product class.
Latency-free monitoring with FX
UR242 offers zero-latency monitoring with FX, due to the included dspMixFx software. It provides even tighter integration for Cubase owners with auto-setup, custom views, and much more.
Basic FX Suite
UR242 offers VST 3 versions of the onboard DSP plug-ins offering useful sound-shaping and FX tools: the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, the REV-X reverb and Guitar Amp Classics.
Rugged metal casing
Built to the most exacting standards by Yamaha’s experienced engineers, the UR242 is rugged enough to withstand all the rigors of the road.
Major recording software compatible
The UR242 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard.
UR242 offers connectivity with Apple’s iPad. When paired with Steinberg’s iPad-based Cubasismusic app or other iOS audio apps, the UR242 offers a portable and effortlessly intuitive production experience.
MIDI input & output
For utmost flexibility, the UR242 is equipped with a MIDI I/O — connect your synth, a drum trigger module or whatever MIDI device you prefer!
UR242 offers an easy way to streaming performances live to the internet, with incoming audio signals merged to the playback signal from Cubase or other DAWs inside the computer.
Cubase AI & Cubasis LE included
- Based on the same core technologies as the popular Cubase DAW, Cubase AI offers an intuitive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing.
- Cubasis LE is a streamlined version of Steinberg’s popular iOS music production app, offering professional music production on your iPad.
- Mac OS X
- Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11
- Intel dual core CPU
- Windows 7 SP1/8/8.1/10
- Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB of free HD space
- Display resolution of 1280 x 800 recommended
- CD-ROM drive
- USB 2.0/3.0* port
* Tested with the USB 3.0 host controller on the Intel chipset. Please read the knowledge base article.
- CC mode requires Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit / Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
- UR242 requires iOS 6 (or higher) on iPad 2 (or higher)
Internet connection required for installation, activation, account setup and personal / product registration. To complete the Cubase AI installation, a download of approximately 500 MB is required.