Author: Michelle Menart
Cover Type: Paperback
Number of Pages: 352
The book is divided into five parts, with each chapter within a part covering a single concept, and new concepts are taught using step-by-step tutorials and questions, as well as through a comprehensive game project built throughout the book. Game Development with Unity covers everything from building game assets, to adding interactivity, to polishing your finished game and publishing it, and provides you with all the information you need to create your own games using Unity.
Table of Contents:
PART 1: IN THE BEGINNING.
3. An Overview of the Unity Engine.
4. Your First Game: Where to Start?
PART 2: ASSEMBLING THE GAME ASSETS.
5. Setting the Stage with Terrain.
6. Building Your Environment: Importing Basic Custom Assets.
7. Creating Characters.
PART 3. BRINGING YOUR PROPS TO LIFE WITH INTERACTIVITY.
8. Scripting in Unity.
9. Writing the Character and State Controller Scripts.
10. Hooking Up the Animations.
11. Using Triggers and Creating Environment Interactions.
12. Building Adversaries and AI.
13. Designing the Game's GUI (Graphical User Interface).
PART 4: POLISH AND THE FINISHING TOUCHES.
14. Creating Lighting and Shadows.
15. Using Particle Systems.
16. Adding Audio and Music.
PART 5: PUBLISHING AND DISTRIBUTING BUILDS.
17. Basic Unity Debugging and Optimization.
18. Creating the Final Build.
PART 6. APPENDIXES AND OTHER RESOURCES.
Appendix A: Shortcuts and Hotkeys.
Appendix B: Common Classes.
Appendix C: Going Forward.
Appendix D: Resources and References.
Appendix E: Glossary.
|No reviews found|