VMX Vision/Motion Toolkit for FRC (VMX-rtk) is a pre-configured micro-SD Card used twith the VMX Robotics Contoller to turn it into a Vision/Motion Controller which can be used for FRC or FTC. It contains up-to-date open-source robotics tools, including:
- Raspbian Buster: Current Raspberry Pi Operating System
- Mono: C# language run-time and development environment
- Mjpeg-streamer: Video Streaming Server
- ROS Kinetic: Robot Operating System (including core communications and desktop tools)
- VMX ROS Node - Network Access via ROS to all VMX-pi functionality - CURRENTLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT
- VMX HAL: Access via C++, Java, Python and C# to all VMX-pi functionality from the host processor Requires VMX-pi circuit board
- ??OpenCV: Vision Processing - including C++, Java and Python interfaces
- WPI Network Tables: Network communication with RoboRIO for FRC Includes support for C++, Java and Python
- WPI CSCore: Access multiple cameras, configure camera settings, acquire images and stream video HTTP stream(s). Includes support for C++, Java and Python
- ?NTPD: Network Time Protocol Daemon?
- xGalaga: Classic video game from the 70s?
VMX-rtk is pre-installed onto a high-quality Samsung EvoPlus 32Gb, Class 10/UHS-1 grade SD Card, selected to support the maximum SD card bandwidth usable on a Raspberry Pi 3 and 4.
VMX-rtk includes approximately 16Gb free SD card space for robot applications, storing acquired images/videos and logs.