Aligned with the most recent ELD standards, the Language Tree Online Comprehensive ELD Curriculum engages English learners in grades 6-12 with both age and level-appropriate content. Scaffolded instruction together with video, visual and audio reinforcements make new concepts and vocabulary easier to grasp. Students can access our course using any connected device for classroom or in-home learning.
This program can provide supplemental tools, form the foundation for your ELD/ESOL/ENL curriculum or be used for summer intervention programs and are typically supported by Title III funding.
English Language Development (ELD) Level 1
ELD Level 1 is an English language development program for beginner level ELs and Newcomers in the secondary grades. This comprehensive hybrid program includes standards-based online assessments and lessons, downloadable instructional routines and a module on acculturation to support socio-emotional development.
- Provides teachers with a better understanding of each student's language gaps — all the way down to the individual skill level
- Accelerates English language proficiency progress with lessons aligned with the latest ELD standards, including WIDA, CA 2012 and TEKs
- Transfers knowledge of cultural norms to help newcomer students gain confidence in their new school environments
ELD Level 1 Modules
Students can progress at their own pace, in a one-to-one online learning environment. Teachers and coaches can also use it to support whole class or small group instruction in ELD, ELL, ESL, and ESOL programs. Included are downloadable instructional routines and student worksheets)
- Module 1 – Language Assessments – Entry and Exit (76 questions each)
- Module 2 - American Culture and Functional Vocabulary (6 lessons + 6 downloadables + vocabulary builders)
- Module 3 - Foundational Literacy Skills (9 lessons + 9 downloadables)
- Module 4 - Collaborative Listening and Speaking (12 lessons + 12 downloadables)
- Module 5 - Language Function and Construction (7 lessons + 7 downloadables)
English Language Development (ELD) Level 2
After completing Level 1, or based on formative assessments, students can move onto ELD Level 2. The Level 2 program focuses on the needs of intermediate and long-term English learners (LTELs) and helps prepare for re-designation. Extra emphasis is placed on writing and speaking skills, with practice writing assignments and self-recording exercises. The program features:
- Standards-aligned assessments precisely identify the language issues that impede progress (particularly relevant for LTELs)
- Subject matter content and vocabulary, from Social Studies, Math, Sciences and Language Arts embedded in the language lessons to help students with academic language
- Self-recording and online writing exercises to develop productive skills along with video, audio and advanced text passages to build interpretive skills
ELD Level 2 Modules
The four modules in ELD Level 2 can also be used anywhere – at home for remote learning or in the classroom. Downloadable instructional routines for synchronous teaching and online student practice assignments make this a truly hybrid solution.
- Module 1 –Language Assessments – Entry and Exit (78 questions each)
- Module 2 – Advanced Foundational Literacy Skills (13 lessons + 13 downloadables + online practice)
- Module 3 - Collaborative Listening and Speaking (12 lessons + 12 downloadables + online practice)
- Module 4 - Language Function and Construction (7 lessons + 7 downloadables + online practice)