The NI LabVIEW Student Software Suite is a powerful bundle of software and modules that can enable you to perform a variety of operations. This package is a popular option because it is a great value. The cost is not much more than the normal LabVIEW software by itself. Be sure to compare LabVIEW student offerings prior to making your purchase.
I will often have users contact me with some confusion regarding the extra modules in the suite and how to download them. So, in this blog, I will show you what you need to do in order to download each of the modules. Note: I am assuming you purchased the package through Studica, so some of the instructions will utilize our website and your user account through our website. If you purchased through a different reseller, then you will likely want to contact them for assistance.
What is Included in the LabVIEW Suite?
The package includes the following:
- Digital Filter Design Toolkit
- Modulation Toolkit
- LabVIEW Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit
- LabVIEW System Identification Toolkit
- NI SignalExpress
- LabVIEW Vision Development Module
- NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection
- NI Vision Acquisition Software
Each of these modules is included in the suite and you should receive a serial # that will be used to activate all of them when you purchase the program.
How to Download
As mentioned above, I’m assuming you purchased the product through Studica. Follow these directions:
- Go to your Downloads page on the Studica website. You will be asked to sign into your account. Go ahead and do so.
- You should see your LabVIEW software suite listed alongside a link to the downloads page. Click on that link and you will be brought to the downloads page.
- On the download page, scroll down to the “NI LabVIEW 2017 Downloads” section. All the links will be listed there. Notice all the modules under the “Additional Toolkit Downloads” section.
- Clicking on any of these links will bring you to the download page on NI’s website.
- For instance, if I click on “Digital Filter Design Toolkit”, I will be brought to this page:
- At this point, click on “I am a current user of LabVIEW Digital Filter Design Toolkit”
- You will be asked to sign into your NI account, go ahead and do so. If you do not have an NI account, go ahead and choose the option to create one. This option will be listed on the sign in page.
- Once you’re signed in, you will be brought back to the download page and you can download the module.
At this point, just wait for the download to finish and then install it.
Activating the Modules
You will be given a single serial # when you purchase the suite through Studica. This serial # is used to activate LabVIEW and all the included modules that were listed above. To activate the software, refer to my previous blog about installing and activating LabVIEW 2017. Specifically, scroll down to the “Licensing: Activate Your Software” section. The process for activating the modules is roughly the same. The main difference is you will be choosing the modules instead of LabVIEW in the license manager for activation.
Hopefully, this helps get you on the right track. If you continue to have issues downloading or installing your suite, you can contact Studica and they can help get you in touch with a support technician who can help you. Again, we only support Studica customers. If you purchased your software through a different reseller, we cannot assist you. Good luck!
Share this Post