Conquering technology in the classroom isn’t just a challenge for educators. Students often struggle to find affordable software and digital devices for class, while simultaneously scrambling to cover living expenses at college. But, not to worry! Students can take advantage of all kinds of discounts on technology, food, clothing and so much more. You just have to know where to look, and how to get academic savings.
Spend Money on the Items You Need for School First
When heading off to college, there are always those things that you want and those things that you need. Spend your financial aid and scholarship awards on what you need first. Seems like a no brainer, right? Well, it’s easier said than done when you get that check in the mail. Make sure you put together a “need to buy” list before you get your money together for school.
- Materials for class (technology, software, textbooks, etc.)
- Dorm room/apartment musts (sheets, laundry items, dishes, etc.)
- New clothes (appropriate dress clothes for interviews/presentations, etc.)
- SAVE! (make sure to save some of your funds – if you can afford to – for those “what if” moments)
Check out what we have in Software, Computer & Electronics, and Art & Design Supplies. Grab deals from National Instruments, IBM SPSS, SOLIDWORKS, Pantone, Microsoft, Adobe, Chief Architect, PTC and more.
Ask Companies about Student Discounts
Frequently, companies offer discounts that students don’t even know about. When in doubt, always ask someone if their company offers any kind of academic savings for students. From clothing to movies and restaurants, student deals are more prevalent than you think. Some well-known brands offering these promos include:
- Anne Taylor
- Urban Outfitters
- Goodwill (Thrift store shopping is even easier with additional student discounts, check locations)
- Buffalo Wild Wings (check locations)
- Burger King (check locations)
- Dairy Queen (check locations)
- Waffle House
- Movie theaters – Dipson Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Cinemark
- Local sites – check out your local zoo, history museum and art museum for student discounts
Studica US: One Stop Student Shop
Studica can help you with all your classroom needs. However, for our US students, we are able to extend our services outside the classroom to include Health & Beauty products, Sporting Goods, and Housewares. Get everything you need to deck out your dorm room or apartment, and pick up the software and technology you need for school – all in place!
Don’t spend more when you can pay less! Shop Studica’s incredible Back to School Sale, and make sure to ask and take advantage of student discounts wherever you can.
Share this Post