Output Range: +/-5V
Default scaling Value: N/A
Infrared Source: 940nm
Drip Rate: 2 Seconds or slower
1. Install the IX-ELVIS board into the National Instrument ELVIS platform or the
IX-myDAQ board onto the NI myDAQ. If using ELVIS, connect the ELVIS power supply
to the ELVIS unit and connect it to the computer via a USB cable. Ensure both of
the power switches are in the â€œonâ€ position. For the myDAQ, connect it to
the computer using the USB cable.
2. Connect the MINI DIN7 connector of the DCN-100 to either CH1 or CH2 of either
the IX-ELVIS or IX-myDAQ board.
3. Open the recording software, select the channel that the DCN-100 is connected
to and ensure the range is set to +/-5V.
4. Set the sensor so that drops fall directly through the center of the hole and
are about 1" above the optical slot.
5. Test your system by sending a few drops through the sensor so you see the
signal on the waveform chart. A pulse will represent each drop.
6. Set the drip rate to 2 seconds per drop or slower.
7. Set the Threshold so that the voltage signal rises above it when a drop is
detected but well above the baseline of the signal.
*Note: The signal may be inverted when using the myDAQ setup.