Bridging the Gap for More Advanced English Learners
Intermediate and Long-Term English Learners (LTELs) in the secondary grades often have strengths in some language areas, such as speaking or reading, but weakness in others. As a result, these English learners may experience stalled progress in their path to proficiency, along with diminished academic achievement. Many struggle in their academic subjects due to language gaps or lack of subject-specific vocabulary.
The Language Tree Online approach with more advanced English learners is to solidify foundational English skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing – with added emphasis on academic and subject matter content and language. The Language Tree Online ELD Level 2 program provides students with robust language lessons that "unpack" challenging language skills needed to access content in subject areas such as Math, Sciences and Social Studies.
ELD Level 2 is an academic year-long program for English learners at the Intermediate/Developing/Expanding proficiency level. This multi-sensory program features video instruction, interactive quizzes, self-recording and writing exercises.
English Language Development for Intermediate and Long-Term English Learners
Language Tree Online ELD Level 2 is a comprehensive digital curriculum designed to help ELD/ESOL educators:
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of individual English learners in language areas tied to the latest ELD standards, including WIDA, CA 2012, Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- Accelerate students’ English language proficiency across both the interpretive and productive domains of listening, reading, speaking and writing
- Support students’ applications of language skills in order for them to be successful in their subject area content classes
- Prepare English learners for statewide assessments required for reclassification and entry into ELA core classes
Four Modules of ELD Level 2
The four modules in ELD Level 2 can also be used anywhere – at home for remote learning or in the classroom. Downloadable instructional routines for synchronous teaching and student practice assignments make this a truly hybrid solution.
- Module 1 – English Literacy Assessments
- Module 2 - Foundational Literacy Skills
- Module 3 - Collaborative Listening and Speaking
- Module 4 - Language Function and Construction