Perfect for education, this easy-to-use 2D game-making tool provides the perfect first step for middle school and high school students to learn programming in a fun environment, or for higher education design students to unleash their creativity in games media, without having a high programming overhead. Teach coding, game design, and game development with GameMaker.
GameMaker has everything you and your students need to take your idea from concept to finished game. With no barriers to entry and powerful functionality, GameMaker is the ultimate 2D game development environment!
- Custom language (GML, GameMaker Language)
- New User Interface
- Real-time Editing
- Cross-platform development
- Windows Desktop Export
- MacOS Desktop Export
- Linux Desktop Export
- Amazon Fire
- HTML5 to publish your games on the web
- Monetization tools
- Comprehensive Toolset: Level, Image, Tile, Object, Script and Audio Editors
- Leading physics engine and advanced shaders
- Powerful animation support and networking
- Easy to use, emphasis on simplicity, based on C programming language
- GML Visual system for no-code development which seamlessly integrates with GML to facilitate progression.
- Multi-Million dollar games have been made with GameMaker. It has a rich heritage in the games industry and is widely used commercially.
- GameMaker won the Design & Creativity Tool Develop Award in 2017
- GameMaker has a marketplace where it is possible to obtain free and paid resources to help with game design.