The GameMaker Studio 2 - Educator Plus license gives students everything they need to create and export games for Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop platforms, (If you want to export to more platforms, view the GameMaker Studio 2 - Achiever license.) The Plus license includes HTML to publish your games on the web.
This easy to use 2D game making tool provides the perfect first step for middle school and high school students to learn programming in a fun environment, or for higher education design students to unleash their creativity in games media, without having a high programming overhead.
GameMaker Studio 2 Plus is the latest and greatest incarnation of GameMaker! It has everything you need to take your idea from concept to finished game. With no barriers to entry and powerful functionality, GameMaker Studio 2 is the ultimate 2D development environment!
- Custom language (GML, GameMaker Language)
- New User Interface
- Real-time Editing
- Cross-platform development
- Windows Desktop Export
- MacOS Desktop Export
- Linux Desktop Export
- HTML to publish your games on the web
- Monetization tools
- Comprehensive Toolset: Level, Image, Tile, Object, Script and Audio Editors
- Leading physics engine and advanced shaders
- Powerful animation support and networking
- Easy to use, emphasis on simplicity, based on C programming language
- Drag and Drop (DnD) system for no-code development which seamlessly integrates with GML to facilitate progression.
- Multi-Million dollar games have been made with GameMaker. It has a rich heritage in the games industry and is widely used commercially.
- GameMaker Studio 2 won the Design & Creativity Tool Develop Award in 2017
- GMS2 has a marketplace where it is possible to obtain free and paid resources to help with game design.