All this is connected to a C-programmable ATmega328 microcontroller. Capable of speeds exceeding 3 feet per second, Pololu 3pi Robot is a great first robot for ambitious beginners and a perfect second robot for those looking to move up from non-programmable or slower beginner robots.
- Processor: ATmega168/328P
- Motor driver: TB6612FNG
- Motor channels: 2
- User I/O lines: 21
- Minimum operating voltage: 3 V2
- Maximum operating voltage: 7 V2
- Maximum PWM frequency: 80 kHz
- Reverse voltage protection?: Y
- External programmer required?: Y
1. Digital I/O lines PD0 and PD1 are available; two more analog inputs and one analog/digital pin can be made available by removing jumpers and disabling special features of the board.
2. Designed for use with 4 x AAA NiMH or Alkaline cells. A step-up regulator boosts the motor voltage to 9.25 V.
Features of Pololu 3pi Robot
- The Pololu 3pi robot has a small size (9.5 cm/3.7" diameter, 83 g/2.9 oz without batteries)
- The robot is powered by four AAA cells (not included), while a unique power system runs the motors at a constant 9.25 V independent of the battery charge level
- The regulated voltage allows the 3pi robot to reach speeds up to 100 cm/second, while making precise turns and spins that don’t vary with the battery voltage
- The Pololu 3pi robot makes a great platform for people with C programming experience to learn robotics, and it is a fun environment for ambitious beginners to learn C programming
- At its heart is an Atmel ATmega328P microcontroller running at 20 MHz and featuring 32 KB of flash program memory, 2 KB RAM, and 1 KB of persistent EEPROM memory
- The popular, free GNU C/C++ compiler works perfectly with the 3pi robot
- The 3pi robot is also compatible with the popular Arduino development platform
- Required Accessories
- An external AVR ISP programmer, such as our USB AVR programmer is required to program the 3pi robot
- 4 AAA batteries, which are not included