Get more out of myDAQ with the mySTEM™ Project Board
High quality STEM projects require the monitoring processes with sensors, making decisions and causing an appropriate output. NI myDAQ is an affordable, student-ready measurement and instrumentation device that allows students to create and monitor experiments. However, the signals generated by the myDAQ are very low power, the reason that the device is very affordable. In order to control large, high current output devices we have created the mySTEM™ Board miniSystem.
- Connects NI myDAQ to larger, high current devices
- Transforms myDAQ into a Programmable Action Controller
- Allows for control of four separate output channels
- Focus on signal processing and the logic of control
- Supports creativity and exploring a wider range of solutions
- Learning resources prepared by Tom White, distinguished Educator
For high school and post-secondary education environment, the mySTEM™ Board for the NI myDAQ and LabVIEW is the ideal tool for integrating teaching and learning science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The mySTEM™ board comes with curriculum that may be used by any beginner in the STEM or Engineering field in order to gather data, make decisions and control output devices. This makes it an essential tool for the introduction to control systems.
Combined with the NI myDAQ and LabVIEW, the mySTEM™ board allows students to control the state and direction of four output channels. These channels can support a wide range of field devices. Students will be able to control DC, encoder, and stepper motors. The board can also be with relays, buzzers, solenoids, electromagnets, and any other device that utilizes Direct Current. This will allow students to expand the use of the myDAQ and Labview to make their own miniSystems as classroom projects and explore many career areas that are high paying and in high demand.
- 4 bidirectional output channels
- Easily controlled with LabVIEW as the programming language
- Open ended engineering miniSystem. Allows teachers to assign miniSystem projects in a wide variety of fields such as Controls, Robotics, Manufacturing,
- Automation, pneumatics, hydraulics, counters, and PWM
- Breadboard to allow the connection to a wide variety of readily available sensors and actuators from hundreds of independent vendors